Textiles and Fibres Through Time
The deadline for the CALL FOR POSTERS has been extended to the 31st October. This exciting symposium will take place on Saturday, 21st November at the Helen Roe Theatre, 63 Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Posters on topics relevant to the theme of the conference are very welcome.
Poster presenters will have FREE registration.
The aim of the symposium is to explore the history, archaeology, economics and sociology of the raw materials, production, and use of textiles and fibres, with a particular emphasis on Ireland. Speakers may wish to consider issues such as: How did the development of new or improved agricultural and production techniques affect society? How were choices in clothing design and/or production a reflection of identity? What were the driving forces in the evolution of textile or fibre production? Who were the gainers and losers?
Speakers and poster presentations are invited from a diverse range of backgrounds including archaeology, history, economics, folk-life and sociology. Papers will be 20 minutes in length, with time for questions. A poster session with mini-presentations of 5 minutes will also be held.
This exciting symposium will take place on Saturday, 21st November at the Helen Roe Theatre, 63 Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Abstracts of no more than 200 words, plus your details, including affiliation (if applicable) should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for the CALL FOR POSTERS has been extended to the 31st October.
Posters will be on display on Saturday, 21st November during the main lecture programme. There will also be a 5-minute mini presentation during which presenters will have the opportunity to introduce their posters to conference participants.
Download A4 Call for papers and posters
Download A3 Call for papers and posters
- Posters may be produced in either landscape or portrait format; landscape is preferred.
- Preferred size: no larger than AO size (1189 x 841mm); preferably A1 size (841 x 594mm).
- Suggested headings: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusions, References (key refs only).
- Avoid overload, especially of text. Pay attention to captions of illustrations (photos and Figs).
- Use a sans serif font such as Arial. Recommended font sizes (pt): minimum 20; 30-40 desirable; Headings: 50+
- Keep logos to a minimum and discrete. Ensure that email addresses and affiliations of authors are provided.
- Velcro adhesive pads or similar fixing materials will be provided.
Please do not forget to register (preferably online) and also provide the relevant details to the local organisers
- Name of presenter
- Affiliation including e-mail address
- Poster title and short abstract
Carbery Group (AHSI Sponsor)
Magee (Symposium Sponsor)